Public Kayak Adventures
All our public adventures are guided and interpretive via kayak to places on Galveston Bay carefully chosen for their natural significance. All our lead guides are ACA certified kayak instructors and all are professionals with degrees in science or art.
Most of our participants are beginners, so every adventure includes all equipment, tandem kayaks, and begins with kayak instruction on land.
IMPORTANT: Read Registration Requirements & Policies Below. Pre-registration is required.
IMPORTANT: An informative itinerary, map and medical waiver will be emailed to all registrants and is required reading before trip. We meet on site.
$50 per person for 3-hour and 4-hour kayak adventures; Art Included
$25 per person for 2-hour kayak adventures - No Art Lesson Included
Book Your Kayak Tour Now!!
Map of Public Kayak Destinations
- You are responsible for reading and following the Age, Arrival, Reschedule and Cancellation policies.
- No alcohol is permitted on adventure.
- All vessels have weight limits. Our tandem kayaks have a limit of 450 or a person weighing over 275 pounds.
- If you are late for an adventure, you forfeit your adventure. There are no refunds.
- Registration closes at midnight the day before your scheduled adventure.
- Payment is required at time of booking. We take Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- Name, age and weight is required for all registrants.
- Address and cell phone is required for the main contact person from your party.
- Due to the unpredictability of pregnancy and the potential strenuousness and remoteness of our destinations, pregnant women may not participate in our kayak adventures.
- Children must be at least 7 years of age to participate in 3 to 4-hour trips..
- Children 5-6 years of age may participate in 2-hour trips.
- If children are under 50 pounds, you must provide a Coast Guard Certified Personal Flotation Device.
- For young children, we strongly recommend the 2-hour trips to the East End Lagoon.
- Adults with young children should expect to do all of the paddling.
- An adult from the same party is required in the kayak with each child under 13 years of age.
- Children 16 years or older may attend without an adult present as long as a parent or guardian signs the waiver and medical release.
- Check-in begins 15 minutes prior to the time of the trip.
- Instruction begins at the time indicated on your itinerary.
- Instruction is required to participate in the kayak adventure.
- If you arrive late and miss the instruction session, you will not be allowed to participate in the kayak adventure. This is considered a late cancellation and no reschedule is permitted. There are no refunds.
There is a $7.50 processing fee for reschedules. Reschedules must be done by 5pm the day before your adventure.
Early Cancelation - Call our office the day before your adventure. This allows time for somebody else to register for the seats you canceled. You may choose to reschedule or get a refund. In either case, there is a Processing Fee of $7.50.
Late Cancelation - If you cancel the day of your trip, then you will forfeit the refund and there is no rain check.
In consideration of our other customers, we do not wait for you if you are late. Plan ahead and allow time for traffic delays. Arriving late is a Late Cancelation. There are no refunds.
We kayak rain or shine. It is a rare occurrence to cancel, but we will not kayak in unsafe conditions, so if there is lightening or hazardous weather at the site, we will cancel a trip. Trips will be canceled at the kayak site ONLY at the time of check-in. This is because weather may be inclement at one site but not another. In this case, rain checks are issued and are valid forever. There are no refunds.