Art and science integration to inspire and educate
Come Explore, Create, and Observe with Artist Boat’s Eco-camp this summer!
- Learn to kayak with American Canoe Association’s Quick Start Skills course
- Take nature walks, observe, and journal
- Learn multiple fishing methods: seining, crabbing, and cast netting
- Attend wildlife rehab presentations
- Hands-on Oyster and sea star dissections
- Hands- on Art: hand building with clay, plein air acrylic painting, and so much more!
Special Week of Mural Painting! July 20 – 24
Above activities will focus less on kayaking and more on painting a spectacular mural of coastal birds on Artist Boat’s Barn during this week of camp! Sign up your paint lovers!
What to Bring
Be prepared to spend all day outside!
Students should be prepared for hot/sunny weather and wear a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and bug spray.
- Wear quick dry clothing and bring a bathing suit and an extra set of clothes.
- Bring closed toed water shoes and walking shoes.
- Lunch will NOT be provided. Students must bring several snacks, water bottle, and a lunch for each day.
Registration Now Open !
Summer Eco-Camp 2020
Space is Limited to 10 Students!
Monday – Friday, every week from July 6 through August 3rd.
Due to the nature of Artist Boat’s new camp curriculum, the current Eco-Art Camps are open to students age 11-15 years. Each camp session is limited to 10 campers.
Price: $275 for a single week’s session.
Registration required. Click any registration button to sign up.
Health & Safety
Your Health and Safety
Artist Boat’s number one priority is the safety of all guests. Artist Boat is committed to following the recommendations from recognized health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
As we open up, Artist Boat’s educators continue to take extra precautions during the current global pandemic. We have implemented special measures to keep everyone safe during and after your activity.
Stringent Cleaning – All equipment is disinfected thoroughly between guests, and hand sanitizers are available. Masks are optional but encouraged. If you do not have one, we can provide one.
Physical Distancing – We request that everyone maintain 6 feet of physical distance between other guests and Artist Boat’s Tour Guides.
Wellness Checks – Employees are checked daily to ensure that they are healthy and symptom -free. If you are anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
Please call us with any questions or concerns (409) 632-0388.