Become a Certified Paddle Instructor
Sept. 3 – 6, 2020, Artist Boat will be hosting an ACA L2 Kayak Instructor Development Workshop (IDW).
This is a great course for anyone who leads any types of groups on kayaks! You can help them to be better paddlers or teach new paddlers. You will learn to rescue stranded paddlers, and help them feel more comfortable so they can spend more time enjoying the water. Taught by a highly skilled American Canoe Instructor, Ashley Brown.
Not certified at Level 1? Not to worry, in most circumstances, you can skip the L1 and move right on up to Level 2, as long as you have good paddle skills.
Level 2 is for you if you are paddling in winds up to 10 knots, waves up to one foot, with the current up to one knot.
Following successful completion of the course, participants will have professional kayak training and be certified instructors with the American Canoe Association. Yay you!
- Perform paddling skills consistently with demonstration quality
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of paddlesport
- Demonstrate appropriate safety & rescue ability
- Demonstrate effective group / course management and positive interpersonal skills
For more specific information and to sign up, call the Artist Boat office at (409) 770-0722 or Email Amanda at Arinehart@artistboat.org.